Kids in the Rotunda - Return of the Glass Slipper
MadCAP is pleased to present Return of the Glass Slipper, a retelling of Cinderella with a twist, as part of Overture Center's Kids in the Rotunda series. Audience members will be swept along on a journey to Once Upon a Time in a Land Far Away...where nothing is quite as it should be in the fairy tales we already know. MadCAP's cast of fairy tale characters will teach the audience songs, dances, and even an audience role in the show! The music is infectious and catchy, the dialogue is fast paced and witty, and the cast will dazzle with fancy footwork and physical comedy. Join us for this literary journey through the pages of a favorite fairy tale!
MadCAP's mission is to provide opportunities for young people to work with professional artists/educators in a challenging, nurturing environment that encourages growth and self-discovery.
Our goals are to encourage students to:
- Learn new ways of communicating their ideas (musically, artistically, dramatically)
- Develop their creative talents through a common artistic goal
- Develop talents by learning new processes and techniques
- Experience a sense of enjoyment and pride through the process of creating and performing together
- Meet other artists and share their enjoyment of the arts
- Foster a safe environment for young people to strive towards excellence in every aspect of the performing arts